Make Your Words Surgical with Precision Hypnosis
Be effective with the most complex or resistant clients with a deep understanding of the psychology of persuasion and advanced hypnotic skills
Since you first learnt hypnosis, have you ever felt that there must be something more out there? That perhaps you could expand your communication skills to help more people more of the time? That there may be some 'secret way' to become highly skilled with hypnosis?
There's nothing worse than knowing you could help a client if only they would go into hypnosis properly. Or the frustration of knowing how to help someone if only they could 'absorb' the idea you're trying to get across.
Singing is more than just shouting with a tune
Sadly, because much hypnosis training delivers such a one-dimensional theory of hypnosis, graduates are left feeling under-confident in their hypnotic abilities.
So many hypnosis schools subscribe to the old perception of hypnosis as 'softly spoken orders'. That's like saying singing is just shouting with a tune. Real hypnosis involves a deep understanding of the fundamentals of psychology and communication.
"I've been involved with hypnosis for 67 years (I'm 80). I've taught it for nearly 20. I've taken courses all over the world. Never, never have I had so much fun as taking your course."
Di Cherry, President, Canadian Hypnotherapy Association, Vancouver BC
Learning how to use your words surgically will give you a whole new approach to hypnosis that will put the joy back into using hypnosis to help people. Every hypnosis session will become a creative journey that, while being colourful and fun, will be therapeutically laser-guided.
With the right approach, hypnotic phenomena become easy
One area of hypnosis that we regularly get questions about is hypnotic phenomena. The majority of hypnotherapists are under-confident about their abilities to get phenomena from their clients.
The uplifting thing is, if you know how to approach phenomena, with a couple of key language tools the whole process becomes easy and pressure-free.
Would you like to be able to confidently elicit hypnotic phenomena such as arm catalepsy, hand levitation, time distortion and amnesia? And just as important, understand just how these can be useful in therapy?
Make your hypnosis a scalpel, not a hammer and chisel
At the heart of Precision Hypnosis lies the ability to know what naturally draws people's interest. By drawing on natural human attributes, you can become a compelling and persuasive communicator. People will be naturally drawn to listen to you as you weave hypnosis into your everyday communication – so you can influence every human encounter for the better.
What sort of things will you learn on the Precision Hypnosis course?
We were once asked at a workshop for the 'secret to the inner circle' of hypnosis. We laughed at the time (it was a long time ago!). It is clear now that there are 2 types of hypnotists. Those who are skimming the surface and having moderate success, and those who deeply understand the fundamentals of hypnosis.
You will become one of the second type. Here are some of the tools and techniques you will learn:
- How to use a rarely taught technique called seeding – this is what master therapists use to dramatically increase their success rate; it's invisible to the untrained eye.
- The ability to induce rapid and deep trance states.
- How you can hypnotize someone just with your body language and tone of voice – you'll never work from a script again once you understand this!
- Key phrases that instantly trigger a hypnotic response.
- How to feel utterly confident in your abilities as you hypnotize, and how to project that confidence to your client and infect them with it.
Trying to convey what this advanced hypnosis course will bring to your own experience of hypnosis is a little like trying to tell a good home cook what their cooking will be like once they've trained with Gordon Ramsay. It's not that you'll just learn a few more recipes, you will see food and flavour in a whole new way.
A whole new perspective, not just new recipes
- Bypass conscious resistance effortlessly and get your clients where they need to go quickly, with the minimum of fuss.
- Gain a reputation as a language artiste who can perform effective therapy at a dinner party as easily as in the therapy room.
- Shape your own mindset to make hypnosis so much easier – so your clients effectively hypnotise themselves.
- Learn how to use the hidden power of your own expectation to ease your client into hypnosis.
Experience the difference changing your own mindset makes
Hypnosis becomes so easy when your mindset is right. Precision Hypnosis will create in you a paradigm shift which will revolutionize your experience and enjoyment of using hypnosis – and your success rate.
- Go beyond 'close your eyes and relax' and enter a world where hypnosis merges invisibly with conversation to create a heady mix of deep rapport and unconscious change.
- Induce hypnosis in your clients at will, without the normal 'signposts' of trance.
- Learn language skills that always automatically make your therapeutic 'next step' obvious.
- Rise above the need for that 'special place'.
Underpinning any effective hypnosis is effective psychology
Hammers are handy things, but if you try to use one for cleaning your teeth, you're going to end up with tooth problems of one kind or another. Hypnosis is an essential tool for any therapist (and every therapist uses hypnosis, whether they know it or not). But the psychological tools you use are just as, if not more, important than your hypnosis skills:
- Mind-blowing new research that shows how suggestible everyone really is – including you. Possessing this information will give you supreme confidence to use hypnosis to influence and persuade.
- Why spending half an hour having a chat about your client's problem doesn't help most clients at all, and what you could be doing instead.
- Why metaphors are hypnotic and how they can slip 'therapeutic Trojan Horses' into everyday conversation.
Deep knowledge of how people work that will enable you to see the underlying patterns in problems
When we train hypnotherapists, we tell them that human psychological problems are really very simple, mechanical things. (It's the people that are complicated ;-)) The right knowledge about how problems work can make therapy much, much easier.
- The truth about how people make decisions and what effective therapy really changes in people.
- How to evoke positive emotions conversationally.
- Two simple, but amazingly powerful ways to magnify the responses you elicit.
- How you can easily create your own stories to influence and change.
Small changes with massive effects
The course will focus on giving you concrete, useable tools that you can implement in your very next session. We want you to be saying “Wow, what I learnt on Precision Hypnosis is really working!” ...And to be telling all your therapist friends too ;-) Tools like...
- How to make someone's problem dissolve in the space of a conversation.
- Help clients make use of their “observing self” – an innate resource that can free people from problems in minutes.
- See the underlying blueprint behind presenting problems.
- How to use pattern interrupts to destabilize a client's problems.
Your flexibility with hypnosis means you can work effectively with most people
If you've read about Milton Erickson, you'll know about the 'utilization technique'. That is, using the client's own unique characteristics and preferences as active ingredients in therapy. Once you've finished the Precision Hypnosis course, you will be infinitely flexible with how you use hypnosis to motivate and move people. That's because you will learn:
- Two easy-to-make changes in your language that can connect people to their resources and detach them from their problems.
- The real reason master hypnotists use hypnotic phenomena like arm catalepsy, and how you can do the same.
- How you can speak directly to someone's unconscious mind without sounding weird!
- How to hypnotize confidently when your client does not want to close their eyes.
We hope you'll never want to train with anyone else again
At Uncommon Knowledge we have more than 20 years' experience of delivering hypnosis training to both public and professionals. This course took more than a year to create, drawing on all our experience while blending in the latest research. We've created teaching tools and materials that will make your course effective, fascinating and fun.
You can rest assured that:
- The course is backed by the latest scientific research, so you'll be using approaches at the cutting edge of modern psychology.
- The course leaders have a wealth of hypnotic experience and are fun to work with.
- You will benefit from quick, friendly admin support throughout the course.
- You will be able to make new acquaintances and friends during the course should you wish to, by chatting on Uncommon U and taking advantage of our Buddy Up program.
What's included in the 'Precision Hypnosis' course?
1) Comprehensive course notes – 181 pages in book format, sent to you by post if you buy the Digital + Physical option and available as a PDF online.
2) Course pack for your bookshelf – includes your course notes book plus other materials on CD if you chose the Digital + Physical option, the CD contains all the audio and written materials from the course.
3) 5 videos containing live client demonstrations of the techniques you'll learn on the course.
4) 5 audio lectures (with transcripts) by Mark and Joe covering:
- How to be more persuasive
- How to be fascinating
- How to evoke powerful states
- Splitting and linking
- How to become a master hypnotherapist.
5) 2 live Q&A calls with Mark and Joe where you can ask questions, either live or by email. We also record them for you to download in case you can't make the live calls, and they'll be available as downloads (in mp3 format) the following day.
6) 7 relevant psychology podcasts we call 'Audio Insights' on topics such as Hypnotic Pain Control and The Art of Confusion.
7) 8 of our Hypnosis Downloads worth US $119.60, on topics like Super Confident Hypnotherapist and Glove Anaesthesia.
8) Video analysis of a hypnosis script by Joe, taking you step by step through the principles of Precision Hypnosis thinking behind them.
9) Exercises and tests for each session to help you integrate the skills you learn.
10) Certificate of completion on successful completion of the course, you will receive a personalized certificate.
90-day money back guarantee
If you're not happy with the quality of Precision Hypnosis, just let us know within three months of purchasing it and you will get a full refund. We have such faith in our products that we're happy to offer this 90-day guarantee period for all of them.
Closing thoughts from Mark Tyrrell
For me, hypnosis has been the path to a deep understanding of human behaviour and how to help people confidently, regardless of their problems or goals.
I hope that this has come through in the materials and that you feel that you can join me on Precision Hypnosis so I can share with you everything I've learned about the deeper side of hypnosis.
To your therapeutic success,
Testimonials from our previous delegates
This course more than exceeded my expectations and is a must for any therapist who really wants to get to grips with using cutting edge skills in hypnosis. I have learnt that there is much more to conversational hypnosis than I ever imagined possible. All of the supporting materials are excellent, particularly the videos which are invaluable in their demonstrative content. As per usual, the teleconferences were packed full of knowledge, were easy to understand and great fun too! Uncommon Knowledge have really pulled out all the stops with this one - well done Mark and Joe!!
I really liked the way the whole course was presented. I felt Joe and Mark really complemented each other and their knowledge and skill was a breath of fresh air to the way I had been taught. I found the course to be very informative overall. I like having lots of ways to learn things and therefore the conference calls, audios, videos, forums, booklets, word docs and pdfs helped to keep me focused and interested. I found Kirstin to be a great help with any enquiries I had, she had a lovely warm and friendly manner and was a pleasure to deal with. Overall it was a very enjoyable course, thank-you very much :-)
I thought the course was excellent and covered a great deal of ground with wisdom, depth and compassion. It was innovative, thoughtful and practical and I am incorporating some of the new learnings with great success. This is my first internet course and I think it tremendously exciting that such a comprehensive, high calibre course can be enjoyed here in my tiny home office in the rainforests of western Canada. I plan on taking more. Thanks a million for all your good efforts and for reaching out over the internet Mark, Joe and Kirstin. It's been great.
I have an unpredictable schedule and it was a luxury to be able to participate in the live conference calls or fall back on the recordings if necessary. Using written, audio and video seems like a wonderful combination, reinforcing learning. Being able to have all the material downloaded for further review is great as I will have to go back over areas identified in testing that I did not absorb likely due to my workload being higher.
I've been involved with hypnosis for 67 years (I'm 80). I've taught it for nearly 20. I've taken courses all over the world. Never, never have I had so much fun as taking your course. I learned so much, enjoyed the thought processes created, and had a load of fun. I learned why some of my techniques have been so successful(!) Thank you. And you've left me with enough polishing techniques to use for the rest of my life.
It was a great workshop! The best hypnotic workshop I have ever been in. I have already done a "shock induction", for example, and have used a powerful reframe for a woman who has a very cluttered and messy house to keep her from having an "empty nest". She is very excited about the changes she is making.
I so like your approach to the subject, psychology as well as hypnosis. I also very much like your friendly and "casual" approach to teaching, which makes it so much more enjoyable and interesting. Of course, as I expected, the standards are high and I really learned a lot! You people are so good! Thank you very much for this course!
I really liked going to the depth of known principle, and really understand them on a different level. I found a dramatic change while sitting with clients. Instead of going down a familiar path I go into a fascinating journey with the client, and I have no idea where it will lead us. But I have the confidence (and knowledge) to give the right suggestion in the right way and the right time. The responses and the results are really encouraging.
I am so glad I found Uncommon Knowledge! I found this whole Precision Hypnosis course fascinating, and the presenting of it was excellent and held my attention throughout. Mark and Joe are very engaging and funny, and really adept at putting their points across in an easy to understand way. This is the second course I have done now with Uncommon Knowledge and because I have learnt such a lot from these courses, I will definitely be doing the 'Depression' course at some stage in the future. Thanks guys!
I've just come home after attending the Precision Hypnosis course in Dublin. I really enjoyed it and it introduced me to Uncommon Knowledge. Wow, I'm looking forward to working this week so I can introduce some of these new techniques to my work with clients
I enjoyed that the course could be done on my schedule WITH support if I needed it. It's a lovely refresher that I will download and save to replay once or twice a year. I work alone as a hypnotherapist and it was lovely to be temporarily engaged with others who are enhancing their skills set.
I used to be the internal education manager for IBM in the UK and from that critical/analytical viewpoint would like to say that you have been very professional indeed in both creating and executing this course. You have tried to ensure that the material was not just transmitted but understood and remembered. You both have a pleasant, easy style of delivery and worked very well together. Thank you both for your obvious commitment and personal integrity - you are both making a significant difference to people - practitioners and clients alike.
Both Mark and Joe are excellent lecturers and demonstrate both knowledge and the ability to relate pertinent examples from there past work in the field. Also the videos were interesting and instructive. The course was a good progression from 'Uncommon Hypnotherapy' and answered many questions that occurred to me whilst re-reading the past notes. Thanks to all at Uncommon Knowledge, and I hope to continue my studies, with yourselves, in the future.
My first exposure to hypnosis training was last year, 2008 with 'Hypnosis Unwrapped' which I considered very worth while as an introduction. With out the particular structure and content of 'Precision Hypnosis' as a necessary and meaningful follow up, I would however have found myself far less empowered to integrate new perceptions within my existing family therapy practice.
Secondly, I have found your approach supportive albeit that in comparison with other trainees, I have not had that much practical experience of [closed eye] hypnosis.
Thirdly - what I liked most were the links with change theory that I am accustomed with [Watzlawick et all 1967 and 1974; Keeney, 1983] as well as the new ways of thinking about change within the contexts of [conscious/unconscious] splitting and linking and the [for me] golden phrase of the course:
However, remember hypnosis [going into the REM state] is a fundamental and integral part of ... new ... patterns of behaviour".
The instructors clearly know the information inside and out, and they were also very willing to answer any and all questions. The information was challenging, but it was presented in a very logical, step-by-step fashion, so I felt quite capable of understanding.
I like the informal approach, although there was plenty of serious points made, in a very succinct manner. This type of approach in Hypnotherapy fits in with the style I have in mind to become proficient at, and have used, to an extent, in the past. In an industry seemingly obsessed with behavioural approaches (or at least with the school I studied with) I find this approach refreshing, and very effective.
Here's the detail on how it works:
- You access the course by clicking the 'Enroll now' button at the bottom of the page. Your course pack will be mailed to you.
- You get immediate access to the course materials, including a welcome video from Mark, and access to the comments section where you can introduce yourself to your fellow delegates, and to Mark and Joe.
- You can begin Session 1 immediately, during which you'll learn about a powerful and rarely taught technique called 'seeding'.
- You listen to the audio lecture for the session and download the materials (which you will also receive by mail), complete a short test and exercise.
- You move on to Session 2, and so on through the sessions.
- As you go along, you ask any questions you have in the comments boxes you'll find on every page, or save them up for the Q&A calls.
- You dial in for the first Q&A call and get to 'meet' Mark and Joe and the other practitioners on the course. Or you wait until after the call and download the audio to listen to at your convenience.
- You continue through the course in this fashion until you have completed both Q&A calls and Session tests.
- You receive your certificate through the post from us.
- You continue to have access to the course materials online for one year.