Why was my credit card declined?
Unfortunately there is no way for us to tell exactly why this might be as all our card processing is handled externally by a dedicated payment gateway. However, common reasons why your payment was declined are:
- Some of the card/personal details entered does not match the information held by your card issuer
- You don't have enough cleared funds on your card to cover the amount of the purchase
- Your card issuer referred the transaction for an authorisation code or further identity checks
- Your card has been reported as lost/stolen and been cancelled by your card issuer
- Your card has or is due to expire and has been replaced by your card issuer
- Your card has recently been replaced by your card issuer but not yet activated
- Your card cannot be used to pay for goods/services online/over the internet
- There may be a problem with your card issuer’s authorisation system
- You are using a Discover card. Please note, we do not accept these on our website
If you are sure that one of the reasons above does not apply to your payment attempt, we recommend that you try again. However, should the problem persist, please contact your card issuer to find out further information. Their phone number should be on the signature strip on the back of your card.